EXCLUSIVE STORY BEHIND THE ON-STAGE PROPOSAL!!!

Last Thursday night, one lucky fan, Robert, proposed to his girlfriend, Zoyla, on the 'Circus' stage in Los Angeles!

Robert contacted Adam, Britney's Manager, and asked him if he could help with the proposal. Adam happily arranged the on-stage access, adding, "We are always trying to take care of Britney's fans- we truly appreciate them!"

BritneySpears.com caught up with the newly-engaged couple to find out all the juicy details behind their Britney-inspired proposal.


How did you get the idea to propose at the concert?

My fiancée always wished her wedding to be like a circus with a ringleader, acrobats and magic tricks, so I thought what better way to propose than at Britney's "Circus."

Can you tell us the story of preparing to propose on stage? Everything from contacting Adam to buying the ring to keeping it a secret!

I tried calling the Staples Center and Virgin Mobile, to no avail. Disappointed, I posted in an online forum, TheFreshZone.com, asking for advice, where "Arti" sent me a private message telling me to get in touch with Adam. I sent him a message on Tuesday telling him about my plan. He replied on Wednesday, but I hadn't read it until Thursday at noon. I replied but didn't think he would get in touch, since it was only 8 hours to the show. I was out with a friend having lunch when at 4.30pm my cell phone rang; it was Adam. He told me he thought it was a great idea and wanted to do it. I had 2 hours to get everything done; ask her parents for permission, get her grandmothers ring, think about what to say and get us to the venue. I told her that a friend of mine would upgrade us to the VIP section so that she wouldn't get suspicious. Once we got there, Adam was waiting for us, he put my fiancée and her sister into VIP and I went backstage to the talk to Mo, the production manager, about the whole thing.

Can you tell us the story of the moment- how you went up on stage, your feelings/reactions/etc. please?

My cue was shortly after the Pussycat Dolls finished their performance. Once they told me it was time, I asked my fiancee if she trusted me, to which she said yes. I got her hand, Mo put a microphone into my other hand and we walked up to the stage. Once I was up there, I asked everybody to listen up. My first line was interrupted by the crowd's screaming, which was overwhelming and gave me a lot of energy and confidence. By this time my fiancée was in tears and shaking. I went down on my knee and asked her if she would marry me, she said yes, we kissed and I put on her ring.

What do you and your fiancee love about Britney?

Britney has been through so much yet she's managed to get back on her feet and put on an amazing show. Watching Britney perform is an experience because you never know what she's going to do next. She knows how to surprise her audience. She's a great person with a very big heart and we wish her and her family all the best in the future. By the way, we love "Unusual You."

What are your plans for the wedding?

The plan is to save up enough money to have our own little circus for our friends and families just like my fiancée has always wanted it.

Source: BritneySpears.com

Comments

Popular Posts