Britney Spears Turns Designer with her First Collection for Candie’s

Not content to just be the face of the brand–and an international megastar!–Britney Spears isdesigning her own new limited edition apparel and accessories collection for Candie’s set to exclusively hit Kohl’s stores andkohls.com on July 1. Britney tellsInStyle.com that she was hands-on in the creation process of the line, from meeting with Candie’s designers to helping them sketch some of her favorite looks. “My personal style is a mix of comfortable and flirty,” she tells InStyle.com. “I love cute little dresses, but I also love comfy sweaters and jeans.” So what can we expect from the star’s design debut? “I used a lot of studs and lace because I wanted to make the clothes cool and edgy yet girly,” Brit says, likening the assortment to some of her own must-have wardrobe staples. “I also love jeans, so I had to make sure there were some great pairs in the collection.” Also expect big necklaces and earrings as well as Brit’s favorite–a black trench coat. And like any good star designer, Britney will also appear in the national print, TV and and online campaign for Kohl’s, featuring the singer wearing the collection along with personal handwritten notes such as, “You’ll love these jeans!” with the tagline, “Designed by me for you!” The collection of apparel, handbags and jewelry will range from $14-$78. 


Source: People.com

Comments

Popular Posts