Britney Spears Says Femme Fatale Album 'Speaks For Itself'

Britney Spears' issue of V magazine is set to officially drop on Thursday, but a sneak peek of the issue, which features the singer donning couture in photos shot by Mario Testino, found its way online in advance. In the interview with the magazine, Spears opens up about her new album, her love of dance music and her rise to fame.

"I don't think I thought about 'fame' when I was a child," she told the fashion mag. "I knew I wanted to perform and I knew I wanted to be on stage, but I don't think I ever thought about fame or what comes with being famous." When asked if she was destined to be famous, she jokes, "If not, then God definitely has a strange sense of humor."

The singer admits that she has a certain mantra when it comes to dealing with both the good and the bad that come with being a celebrity. "I have learned to always stay true to myself and never let what other people say about me change who I am," she explained. "It's a really important lesson that took me a long time to learn."

Spears is also staying true to her musical roots on her new album, which drops March 29, which she says embraces who she is in her life now. "I think Femme Fatale speaks for itself," she said. "I worked really hard on it and spent almost two years recording it. I think it's the best album I have ever made. There's nothing to say. I'll let the music speak for itself. ... It's definitely my edgiest and most mature sound yet.

"It's a little bit of both [an evolution and a revolution]," she continued. "There are songs on this album that don't sound like anything else and are completely revolutionary, but I also believe this album expresses where I am today as a woman and is an evolution of who I am."

Source: MTV.Com


Comments

Popular Posts